Sorry, this one's a few days late. I'll include all the events for records' sake.
- January 3 - The Quadrantid meteor shower peaks today, with ZHR's as high as 120 meteors per hour! The meteor shower peaks at 13:00 UTC.
- January 7 - A Lunar occultation of M45, the Pleiades, will be visible in Northern Europe at 17:00 UTC.
- January 11 - Full Moon, known as the Ice Moon, occurs at 3:27 UTC.
- January 15 - Saturn is 6 degrees North of the Moon.
- January 21 - The Moon is 0.1 degrees North of the bright red star Antares. Observers in Southern Africa and South America will witness an occultation at 13:00 UTC.
- January 26 - A partial solar eclipse occurs in Southern Africa, Southeast Asia, and Australia.
- January 30 - Venus is 3 degrees South of the Moon.
As I hear of more events, I'll add them, so check back periodically! There's a comet on the way (Comet Lulin), which could reach 5th magnitude. I'll post finder charts and information within the next few days.