The following is a list of celestial events occuring during the month of February 2009.
- February 3 - The Moon occults M45, the Pleiades.
- February 5 - Minima of Algol.
- February 8 - The Moon is 1.5 degrees South of M44.
- February 9 - Full Moon, also a penumbral lunar eclipse will be observable for those in the Northwestern North America and Asia, beginning at 12:38 UTC and ending at 16:37 UTC
- February 17 - The Moon is 0.04 degrees North of Antares.
- February 23 - Mars is 1.7 degrees South of the Moon.
- February 24 - Comet Lulin (ephemeris) makes its closest approach. Be sure to catch this comet as it is quite the unusual comet! Titan will cast a shadow on Saturn from 10:53 UTC to 13:09 UTC.
- February 27 - Venus is 1.3 degrees north of the Moon.
There are no major meteor showers in February. If I find any other events of interest, I'll post them here.